When I boot up my laptop running on Windows 7, I am getting the error message “Windows could not start the diagnostic policy service on local computer. Error access is denied”. In what way can I start up the Diagnostic Policy Service?
Related Windows Problems:
- Getting an error 1053 when starting the "diagnostic policy service" in windows 7
- Diagnostic policy service gives an error 1053
- Diagnostic service policy in Windows 7
- Getting an error code "0x80070241" with strange error when running the Diagnostic Tool
- Diagnostics policy service issue in windows 7
- Unable to start windows Time service in windows vista
- What should I do if one of the hardware diagnostic fails in my PC? Will it be ok if I format and reinstall Windows Vista in my PC?
- Error Code: 80080005 while running 'Windows Update Diagnostic Tool' on Windows XP
- Getting an error message Â“Group Policy client service has failed the sign inÂ” in windows 7
- Manual says 512 MB RAM but DirectX Diagnostic tool shows 2226 MB of Total Memory
Click the ‘Start’ button and type services.msc into the search field appears on the start menu. Press the ‘Enter’ key afterwards and find out the ‘Diagnostic Policy Service’ option. Right click on service and choose the ‘Restart’ option. After that, make a right click on ‘Diagnostic Policy Service’ and click on ‘Properties’ option. Press the ‘General’ tab and make certain that the ‘Startup type’ is already set to ‘Automatic’. Check whether the status of dependency service for Smart Card also shows ‘Automatic’. To do so, right click on ‘Smart Card’ and choose ‘Properties’ before clicking the ‘Dependencies’ tab.
Well, see, that's the problem: The service won't start.
That's what the OP said, too. I'm having the identical problem that the OP is surfing:
Home wifi signal is detected, but connection to home wifi network is lost.
Attempts to connect to wireless network fail.
Attempts to run diagnostics on the connection fail because the DPS will not start.
Attempts to start DPS fail, because . . . well, Windows doesn't say why, other than it will work.
I hope it will work.
Thank you and All the best.