I came across a message like Code 80246008 - BITS missing in Acer notebook with windows OS. What does that mean?
Related Windows Problems:
- Missing administrator log in on Windows XP in Acer notebook
- Getting an Error code '80246008' during installation of update on Windows XP
- NTLDR is missing in Windows Vista in Acer notebook
- Resolve the Error code '80246008' from Windows 7 Home premium
- NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt in Acer notebook with Windows
- Audio driver missing on newly installed Windows 7 OS on Acer notebook
- C drive is missing in windows XP on acer Notebook
- Windows Update not Working in Windows 7 Desktop PC?
- Error code 0x6D9 while trying to turn on Windows firewall in Acer notebook
- Can't install SP1 with error Code: 0x8004100E in Acer notebook with windows
The Code 10 error pertains mainly to hardware and device driver issues or to compatibility issues between hardware drivers and additional software that is installed in Windows. Therefore, we recommend that you troubleshoot these issues by focusing on device drivers, on device configuration issues, and on hardware compatibility issues.
Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers
I would suggest you to run SFC scan in elevated command prompt. SFC scan will scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
The error which you are getting could be there due to the fact that few of the windows update components have got corrupted ....
Yes you are getting it right sometimes it happens that when windows update components are corrupted and your OS cant update due to this reason then you get this error of BITS missing ..
To solve this issue you have to reset windows update components and then see whether it solved the problem or not for you....
Just follow the below link and you will be taken to the web page where you can fix your error by resetting your windows update components ...
When you click the above link you will go to webpage where you will see a fixit link ...
Click on run now and your windows update components will be reset for you automatically ...
I am sure this will solve the problem for you and after reset you will not see the code error again...
Follow these steps to solve this issue-
Insert the OS DVD in your computer.
Click on the Start button.
Type Run in the search box & click on the option appeared.
It'll open the Run window.
You may also open it by pressing Windows key+R button together.
Type cmd in the edit field & press enter-it'll open command prompt.
Type sfc /scannow & hit enter - it'll start scanning your system & will replaces all the damaged sectors with appropriate Microsoft program from the OS DVD.
After the scanning process command prompt will show you the actions taken to the bad sectors (if any).
Now close the command prompt & restart your computer.
You'll see that your problem has been solved.
~~ HI ~~
~~ Error 80246008 ~~
~_~ This is the error that comes up when updating the windows ~_~
~~ Solution ~~
~_~ Go to Start->All programs->Accessories ~_~
~_~ Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator ~_~
~_~ Give the password and username for confirmation ~_~
~_~ Now the command prompt window will appears ~_~
~_~ Copy and paste this command in that window sc create BITS binpath= "c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs" start= delayed-auto ~_~
~_~ Press Enter after you pasted it ~_~
~_~ Now Go to Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services ~_~
~_~ Find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service(BITS) and start it ~_~
~_~ Restart the computer for proper fix ~_~
~_~ Then download and install the windows update without any errors ~_~
~~ Thank you ~~
Cause: This issue could occur if some of windows update components are corrupted.
Steps to rectify this issue
Use Microsoft Fix IT
The fix It will automatically fix the issue if the issue still remain same then you can follow the manually procedure to reset Windows update component.
1. Click on Start, click on All Programs, click on Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type your desire password, or click Allow
2. Type the command "sfc /scannow", and then hit ENTER
Note: A message will appear stating that 'the system scan will beginí. The scan may take some time
3. If any files require a replace, SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see will get this message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
After performing the above steps now check for the BITS service.
1. Click on Start,
2. Right-click on My Computer,
3. Then click on Manage,
4. Double-click on Services and Applications,
5. Then double-click on Services.
6. Right-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service and then click Properties.
7. On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic (Delayed Start) is selected.
8. Next to Service status, check to see if the service is started. If it's not, click on Start
9. Click on Ok then close all windows
this error is nothing but stating that particular file is missing
so you need to download that particular file from net
and place that file is required location
so that that message will not show again to you
if you failed to download that then your system slowly faces problems like
system becomes slow
it will not respond accurately
it will take long time to shutdown or to process any operation
and then finally it may lead you to format your os