The external hard drive appears to be not mounting in my HP desktop running Windows XP. Can I resolve this issue myself?
Related Windows Problems:
- Not able to remove external hard drive safely from PC running on Windows Vista
- External hard drive suddenly stopped showing under My Computer disk drives on my Windows 7
- Windows Media Player does not recognize music from external hard drive in HP desktop
- Getting runtime error R6002 while using Transcend external hard drive with Windows XP
- Unable to mount 2TB External Hard Drive on a Windows XP System.
- Windows XP not recognizing Western Digital External Hard Drive
- Manually removing hard drive compression in Samsung desktop running windows 2000
- Installing Windows XP service pack on external hard drive
- Trouble in removing bitlocker encryption set up for external USB hard drive using Windows Vista
- Unable to eject external hard drive from Windows 7 Home Premium
Try a few tricks and see for yourself,
1. Try to connect External drive in another connector provided to the computer.
2. Check for external drives integrity which is vital.
3. Check cable connector wheather it has continuity.
4. Setup of the BIOS of the system should be checked for 2nd drive.
Do the above tasks and i feel your trouble should be over.
&& HI &&
&_& This might be a problem with the USB port &_&
&_& Connect the drive via another port &_&
&_& Using the port at the back of the PC is better &_&
&_& Check your USB cable whether it have any problem or not &_&
&_& Once you connect via the new port,you need to finish the connection wizard installation &_&
&& Thank you &&
First of all you need to check the following things
->put the USB port of External Hard disk to the any port of the system/laptop.
->check ports ,if those are working are not some times ports are disable
->For solving this problem
->open run command press "win+R",
->go to that window choose the pen drive option and enable it
->other wise check the cables
**I hope it will works**
If you have problem with connecting External Hard disk try this out:
1. Check whether your PC USB port is working or not.
2. Check whether the port of Hard drive is in working condition.
3. Check Cable of Hard drive is Working?
4. Try with new cable and connect Hard drive.
still problem persists then contact an hardware technician
hello Friend . . .
we have some ways to attach external hard disk Drive .
* Right Click on the MyComputer and Click on Manage command.
* Click on Device Manager .
* Right click on Drives .
* Select and tap the Scan for hardware changes .
* once restart your system.
* Open Devices and Printers from either start menu or Control panel.
* Click on Add Device.
* After getting Hard Drive .
* Once Restart .
If any Connectivity problems are occurs then once re check and connect your hard disk drive again.
If your hard disk drive not detected or may you feel my operating system not react that.
Then once meet the hardware store,
All The Best