Hi, I am unable to access Windows Defender on Vista OS, if you will try to enable it then will get an undefined error code as mentioned above. So my Query is, how to resolve this error code. Is there anyone who is facing same issue. Need help!!
Related Windows Problems:
- Windows Defender not able to work properly on Windows Vista
- Getting error code 0x800106ba while opening Windows Defender on Windows Vista
- Trouble in opening Windows Defender on Windows Vista
- Getting an error code 0x800106ba in Windows Defender
- Cannot turn on Windows Defender in Windows Vista
- Getting an Error message 'program failed to initialize' if launching Windows defender in Windows Vista
- Windows Defender not responding due to Error 0x80070424
- Unable to fix error 0x80070424 defender
- Getting an error code "0x800705b4" in windows defender
- How to fix the Error code '800106ba' in Windows 7 while enabling windows defender?
If you have AVG,McAfee,Norton,Microsoft security essentials etc installed they will have either have a conflict with windows defender or disable.....
Microsoft security essentials has its own built in version of defender and should automatically disables vista's version of windows defender.....
If it doesn't
turn windows defender on or off information at the above microsoft link...
Hope the above explains common compatability problems with windows defender....
If you install any of antivirus softwares on your system then there may be a conflict occurs betwwen Windows Defender and the installed Anti virus software
Then the Windows defender turn off by it self
If you want to turn on the Windows defender you need to uninstall the antivirus software and also run the System file checker tool once to fix the errors if any
To run the SFC follow these steps
- Press windows+Q to open the charms bar
- Then type cmd in the search box
- Then select the cmd and then right click on the cmd
- Then choose the option Run as Administator
- Now type sfc/scannow in the command prompt
- Then press enter
- Now the SFC fix the errors if any
After this you can enable the windows Defender with out any problem