Re: Getting an Error message "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected..." in windows 8
You can fix this issue by making some changes to the registry. However, Registry is considered among the most sensational part of any OS so making some wrong changes can make your computer useless. It is always recommended to take a backup of your registry. Once done, Follow the below given instruction:
- Press "Windows Key+R" on your keyboard. Type "Regedit" in the run command window and press Enter button on your keyboard. It will open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\USB".
- Right click on the above mentioned key and click on "Export". Then, Save it on your computer.
- Right click on that saved key and choose "Merge" option.
- It can ask you for the admin privileges so allow it.
- Once done, Restart your computer.