Re: Icons for some application stopped working in windows 7
It seems that the file association has been corrupted.To fix this issue,reset it by following the below given steps:
- Click on "Start" button and then choose Default Programs
- Next click on "Associate a file type or protocol with program".
- Once done,click on the file extension and verify whether it is correctly set to open with the program or not.If it is not set correctly,choose a different file extension and click on "Change Program" button.
- Check whether the program is available in Recommended Program or Other Programs.If it available there,simply choose that program and click on "Ok" button.
- However,if it is not present then click on "Browse" button and locate the correct program.
- Once done,click on "Ok" and you are done.