I need to know how to manually remove hard drive compression in my Samsung desktop running windows 2000. What are the steps for doing it?
Related Windows Problems:
- Renaming or labelling a disc drive in Samsung desktop running windows
- CD drive stuck issues with Samsung desktop running windows
- Hard disk controller failure in Samsung desktop running Windows
- CD got stuck on CD drive of Samsung desktop with windows OS
- Annoying sounds in Samsung desktop running Windows
- In what way Samsung Windows desktop can be set to make automatic updates?
- Samsung desktop running Windows is smoking
- Reformatting HDD in Samsung desktop running windows XP
- MS word issues in Samsung Desktop running Windows XP
- Alarm sounds in Samsung desktop running Windows
Follow the steps below to manually remove hard drive compression in my Samsung desktop running windows 2000
- First of all boot from a floppy diskette which is bootable and containing the fdisk file.
- Then you should run fdisk one time at DOS prompt.
- Delete the primary partition within fdisk
- After deletion, reboot the system again
- Once more run fdisk at DOS prompt
- Finally the primary partition must be recreated
Follow these steps to remove hard drive compression in Samsung desktop running windows 2000-
Click on the Start button & go to My Computer.
Right click on the drive where you've installed the OS (Generally C drive) & click on Properties.
Select the General tab & uncheck the box beside Compress this drive to save Disc space option.
Click on apply + OK.
Wait for some time until it finishes removing compression.
Hope it'll help you to solve your issue.
when a hard drive is compressed, it is never able to be uncompressed.computer should be formatted and then only it will remove the compression from the hard drive.
the process insert the OS CD and reboot the system and press any key to continue and setup starts and follow the instructions given and delete all the partitions and now create the new partitions as your desired size and install the windows into hard drive and now after restarting your system your problem is solved you wont face any convenience.