I am planning to install Chrome OS in top of my previous Windows 7 OS, Is it that possible to do dual boot with Windows 7 OS and Chrome OS? Can you tell how to do it? What all steps to take care of before doing it?
Related Windows Problems:
- Can I install Chrome OS on my laptop having Windows 7 Professional installed in it? Will there be any issue in this type of dual boot?
- Is it possible to have dual boot with Mac Lion OS and Windows 8? What are the steps to take care before going for it?
- Dual boot of windows 8 and windows 7 on the same machine
- Windows 8 does not recognize the data drive on dual boot with Windows 7
- Error while installing Windows 7 on Mac OS X as dual boot.
- Unable to find any way to install Windows 7 and Mac OS X in dual boot mode
- Facing issue with dual boot with Windows 7 and MacOS in Mac Book pro? How to fix it?
- Is it possible to reduce the time limit which shows in the initial screen of the dual boot list? How to do it from Windows system?
- Sound is not working in Windows XP after doing upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 in the dual boot
- Windows XP won't work after completing Dual boot process with Windows 7
yes it is possible to dual boot with windows OS and chrome OS.
the link will take you the tutorial of how to Dual Boot Chromium OS with Windows.
here are few steps , that you take care before dual booting:
1. backup all your files and important folders in windows in some external hardware, in case the system crashes because of some error.
2. Chromium OS,doesn't run well on every machine . On some machines, it runs very slow, and may have other issues with things like the trackpad, webcam, or Wi-Fi.
3. you can't burn Chromium OS to a CD,the only way to test it out natively or install it is to use a USB thumb drive. If your computer doesn't support booting from a flash drive, you can boot from the Plop Boot Manager Live CD and then boot to the USB stick from there.
4. you also need a working Linux live CD or installation. You'll only need this if you want to dual boot your netbook with Chromium OS, so you can partition your drives and install a bootloader (since Chromium OS does not have an actual installer built in that does these things). If you don't have one, just get a Ubuntu live CD.
Yes it is possible,
All you need to do is just download and install dual boot supported software which is widely available on net.
Then you can directly install OS through Windows.
Without this software you can install OS in other drive.
All the best