My old mouse which was working with on my Samsung desktop running on Windows XP platform got replaced by a new one yesterday due to some scroll issues. The system is not recognizing the new mouse. Can you please help me with this?
Related Windows Problems:
- Samsung desktop with Windows XP OS not recognizing external HDD
- Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 not recognizing Logitech Bluetooth Mouse.
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T with Windows 8 not recognizing Login Password
- Annoying sounds in Samsung desktop running Windows
- Samsung desktop running Windows is smoking
- Reformatting HDD in Samsung desktop running windows XP
- MS word issues in Samsung Desktop running Windows XP
- Alarm sounds in Samsung desktop running Windows
- Disk boot failure issues with Samsung desktop system running Windows
- Changing directories in Samsung desktop running windows
This issue can arise due to several reasons and will be different according to the contexts. We can analyze the most common issues so that you can check with it to see any solution can be accessed. The cables may not have been connected properly. The device settings may be done incorrectly resulting in the issue. Certain mandatory updates that were highly necessary may be missing. Then incompatible or corrupted drivers are yet another reason for this problem. You can also check to see that there is no hardware problem with your system.
The change in Mouse brought a huge difference and there can be several reasons for that which i will explain :
1. Is the newly installed mouse really working ?
2. Check the mouse cable and connector for defect.
3. Install a fresh Mouse Device Driver in the Windows and check the situation.
To do so : Start>Control Panel>Hardware and sound>Device Manager>Mouse>Driver>Uninstall , to remove the existing one, then Update Driver to install the latest one.
4. You can also install a third party Device Driver if you have with the mouse, then install that software to get similar benefit.
This problem having number of reasons. 1st you can check with it to see any solution can be accessed. The cables may not been connected.The device settings may be done incorrectly resulting in the issue. Certain mandatory updates that were highly necessary may be missing. Then incompatible or corrupted drivers are yet another reason for this problem. You can also check to see that there is no hardware problem with your system.
All the best...............
it seems that you have plugged in your new mouse when your system was in active state.
because when the system remain in active state it does not detect any new hardware change.
1.shut down your system
2.connect your mouse to your CPU.
3. reboot your PC
4. now your PC will detect for the hardware change.
5. and your mouse will be successfully get installed .
now see yhe position of your mouse.
if then also it is nt getting detected than try to see it by pluging in the friends PC and confirm that it is working fine
because it may also happen that your mouse have some error.
so just check it in your friends PC.
and than do let us know.
i think rebooting will solve your issue.
i suggested you the last step for the confirmation only.
so do as it is said.
waiting for the response from your side.
thanks for posting.
hi my dear friend............to resolve this issue follow my steps
first check whether the mouse working or not
and also check the connecting pin and also the port
if those are working fine then go for the DEVICE MANAGER settings for that
press windows key+r and type in that as devmgmt.msc and press enter key ...and now expand the mic and other pointing devices option
and after double click on HID complaint mouse option and check whether it is enabled or not
and if you are connecting the mouse through the USB port then also check the USB Drivers working properly or not and if there is any problem in the drivers then simply re-install the drivers from the mother board CD/DVD
after that click on start menu and open run and type main.cpl now press ENTER key
and then check the mouse settings
the above instructions which may helps you ..................THANK YOU
Re: Samsung desktop running on Windows XP platform not recognizing mouse
There are many reasons why your system is not recognizing the new mouse.
1) May be the new mouse that you have got is not working properly.
2) There might not be the required drivers that are required in order to interact with a hardware.
3) May be the port in which you are inserting the mouse is not working properly.
You should check all the above possibilities.
Just Follow Some Steps Are :
1. Right Click On The Computer And Select The Properties Option
2. Than Click On The Device Manager Option
3. Than In The Device Manager Windows You See The Keyboard So Click On It Than They Drag Down So You See The Standard PS/2 Option
4. So Right Click On It And Choose The Update Software Driver Option And Update That
5. After That Restart The System Than Mouse Work Fine.
I Hope That Info Is Usefully
1 Shutdown your system
2 Unplug your mouse
3 then wait for 10 seconds
4 Again plug in your mouse
5 i hope it's working
1. Go to "Device manager" ------ RUN-devmgmt.msc
2. Right click on Mice and other pointing options.
3. Update your drivers