I am using a Samsung desktop with Windows XP OS for more than a couple of years. From last day onwards, the system is not recognizing the external HDD. What shall I do to find a solution for this mishap?
Related Windows Problems:
- Reformatting HDD in Samsung desktop running windows XP
- Samsung desktop running on Windows XP platform not recognizing mouse
- Windows not recognizing the SATA HDD connected to the eSATA port of Windows 7 System.
- Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T with Windows 8 not recognizing Login Password
- Issue with not recognizing 'ipconfig' via Command window on Windows XP
- Unable to Install windows 8 RP using Bootable USB Drive?
- Desktop icon issues with Samsung machine with Windows OS
- Windows XP not recognizing Western Digital External Hard Drive
- Start up issues in Samsung desktop system with Windows XP
- Working with desktop shortcut wizard in Samsung desktop powered by windows
Not recognizing external hard drive can be avarted by taking following steps.
After Windows starts, click "Start", click "Computer", look for the new drive. The letter assigned
to the drive will depend on your computerís configuration. If you don't see the new hard disk drive, try looking for it in "Manage" under "Computer".
You may need to install Driver software of the specific HDD, in to Windows,
Do you have formatted HDD which you are attaching to the system, Are you sure of the HDD that it is in good health, Also check the attaching cable that attach HDD to the Computer.
If your Desktop Computer doesn't support or recognized you external hard disk then follow below steps:-
1.Install Drivers of External HDD.
(Drivers Cd comes along HDD at time of buying)
2.after installing, restart your Desktop.
3.Then connect HDD to your Desktop Via original data cable.
if it still dont recognised your External HDD,Then go to Devices Manager and scan for new hardware.
for sure,it will recognised your HDD.