I have installed the GTA 4 game in my Windows 7 system and now when I try to start the game I get the error message as “Error3D - Shader model 3.0 is required”. What can be done now for this? Please help me soon in this regard.
Related Windows Problems:
- Fix for GTA San Andreas MTA error in Windows 7
- Fatal Error WS10 when trying to open GTA 4 game in Windows 8
- Fix for Fatal error WS10 when installing GTA 4 game in Windows 7 64bit?
- Runtime error 339 when trying to run GTA San Andreas in Windows 8
- Which graphics card is compatible to GTA IV in windows 7?
- What should I do to play GTA 4 game without any lag or blinking in Windows XP?
- GTA San Andreas not working in windows 7? Will it work with new Graphics Card?
- Error 25 when trying to load Diablo 2 game in Windows system
- OpenGL mode error when trying to play Minecraft in Windows XP
- Unable to play EA Sport Cricket 07 game in my Windows 7 64bit
You have receive an error message as “Error3D - Shader model 3.0 is required”
Because of our game does not found graphics driver
also it is need to change the graphics settings to run high graphics game it require the shader model 3.0
Shader Model 3.0 is a hardware functionality of a graphics card.
If your graphics card does not have Shader Model 3.0, you will need to purchase a different graphics card which does have Shader Model 3.0.
It does not matter if your operating system would be either Windows XP in regards to Shader Model 3.0, because a graphics card is hardware and not software.
So,you have to need purchase the graphics card or shader model 3.0 to run this type of games.
I Hope you will understand.
All The Best.
Well, it seems to me there is some compatibility issue with your graphic card and GTA IV game. For your information a shader is a set of software instructions, which is used primarily to calculate rendering effects on graphics hardware with a high degree of flexibility. Shaders are used to program the graphics processing unit (GPU) programmable rendering pipeline, which has mostly superseded the fixed-function pipeline that allowed only common geometry transformation and pixel shading functions; with shaders, customized effects can be used. In other words, shader model helps you to render graphics. Either your graphic card does not have shader model 3 or there is some driver issue woth the card.
You should first uninstall the graphic driver from your PC and then re-install the driver and check whether you are having the same problem or not. If you still face the similar problem then check the graphic card box to find out whether it supports shader model 3 or not. If the answer is yes then I am afriad you have to buy new one .