I am using windows 7 laptop which was plugged to my HD TV via HDMI. It worked fine for few months when sound used to come from TV. Now it appears to come from my Laptop. What should i do to get it back to playing it from TV again?
Related Windows Problems:
- Not getting sound from HDMI output after connecting laptop running on Windows 7 to TV
- Video works fine but not the audio when connecting laptop and TV via HDMI cable
- No sound via HDMI output when connecting Sony laptop powered by windows to TV
- Connected TV via HDMI Cable not recognized by Windows 8.
- Disabled the HDMI sound in windows vista
- How to enable sound after disabling HDMI sound option accidentally?
- All kind of settings looks alright but sound stopped working
- Windows 8 not supporting HDMI cable
- Screen flips when connecting my Windows 7 Dell laptop to Sony 32 Flatscreen TV
- How to enable volume for HDMI on Windows PC?
If HDMI is enabled,disable it and check whether it fix your issue or not.To do the same, follow the below given procedure:
- Right click on the "sound icon" of system tray.
- Then click on Sound>>Playback/Recording.
- After that,right click on "Select a playback/recording device below to modify its settings” Window and select "show disabled device”.
- Disable the device(if it is enabled). Choose any other device and set is as default device.
- To save changes,click on "Apply" and "Ok".
It seems that your Tv is disabled in sound and recordings..
To enable it, right click the Sound icon from tray..Select "Playback devices"Under this, you can see the Audio manager of your laptop. right click there and click "show disabled devices"..
You will find you TV model and some other devices also.Right click your TV and select "enable".
Your problem can be solved by following steps:
1. Go to Control Panel> Sound> Playback Devices.
2. Right click on HDMI output and choose Set as a Default Device.
3. Click on Apply and then OK.
Your problem is solved now.
Assuming you have not tweaked the settings in your laptop regarding playback,
and no other person access your laptop to tinker with the device,
It is probably a case of damaged HDMI cable.
Remove the cable from both the ends of the environment, the laptop and the tv.
Manually cross check the condition to find out if anything is wrong with the cable or the connector.
Reinsert the cable, attach in both ends.
Play the programs/files, is it okay now ?
Try with another HDMI cable and be sure of the situation and take necessary action.
Hi dear friend............to solve this issue......follow the below instructions
first of all verify that ...... the drivers working properly or not that is
press windows key+r and type dxdiag and press ENTER Key
now tap on SOUND and check the NOTES box ....if it shows any error ...simply re-install the drivers other wise ....try to checkout these
right click on Sound Icon from the task bar and choose Volume control options and check all the devices are playing sounds box
after that click ok..... and next press windows key+r and type mmsys.cpl and press ENTER key
now tap on Playback tab.... and select speakers option and click on SET AS DEFAULT button then click OK
ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!