I am using a device running on Windows RT. Please let me know how sharing can be done over a network using HomeGroup.
Related Windows Problems:
- Disconnecting a machine from Homegroup in Windows 7
- Method to create the Homegroup on Windows 7 Server?
- Windows 7 laptop canÂ’t leave from homegroup
- Not able to remove the Homegroup Icon in windows 7
- Homegroup Icon cannot be removed in Windows 7 professional
- Cannot join the HomeGroup in Windows 7 System
- How to change the HomeGroup Password in Windows 7 Professional?
- Steps to be taken for finding the password for wireless network connected with Windows 8 laptop
- How to share files and folders in Windows OS? What all steps to take care of for sharing the files and folders?
- Unable to Print via Printer connected to Windows 7 getting Permission error
For doing this;
Go to Settings Charm
Users can obtain the password from anyone else in the home group. It is as easy as this to enable sharing over a network using this app.
- Choose ‘Change PC Settings’
- Click ‘HomeGroup’
- Tap ‘Create’ or ‘Join’
1. Open the Windows Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet.
2. Under HomeGroup, click Choose HomeGroup and Sharing Options.
3. Select the types of items you would like to share; deselect any you don’t want to share. Click Save Changes.
4. To share custom libraries or folders, open Windows Explorer, and select the custom library or folder that you would like to share. Click Share With on the toolbar.
5. Choose an option on the Share With drop-down menu. If you want to share only with specific people, click Specific People and continue with the remaining steps.
6. Type the username of the person you want to share with, or click the arrow to the right of the dialog box and select the person from the drop-down menu.
7. Click Add.
8. To change the permission level for someone, click that person's name and select Read, Read/Write, or Remove.
9 Click Share.
10 Click Next.
Your library is now shared.