I have already set up my PC running on Windows 7 to hide the taskbar automatically all the time. But, it does appear on the screen intermittently. Please explain steps to resolve this issue.
Related Windows Problems:
- How to fix the issue of Taskbar not hiding automatically on Windows 7?
- Cannot auto-hide taskbar for a longer time on Windows 7
- Taskbar not auto hide in Windows Vista
- Auto-Hide Taskbar function not working in windows 7
- How to make taskbar to auto-hide programs quickly on Windows 7?
- Windows 7 Taskbar Auto Hide feature is not working properly
- Unable to hide the taskbar in Windows 8
- Issue with not working of Auto Hide feature in Windows XP Professional
- Taskbar Icons missing in windows 7-What to do?
- Icons of certain programs recently removed still displayed.
You need to open both Task Manager and Registry Editor on your PC. The former can be opened by press CTRL+ALT+DELETE key and the latter can launched from the start menu. Press the ‘Run’ option from that menu and type regedit into the field visible on the screen. This will bring up the ‘Registry Editor’ window. Once you get into that window, go to the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop. Then, right click on the value named ‘Toolbars’ and select the ‘Delete’ option. Navigate into File-> New Task on the task manager and type explorer. Check whether the issue gets resolved after restarting the PC. If not, delete the TaskbarWinXP after going into the same path under ‘Registry Editor’ and reboot again.
I has Seen that this Problem has been faced by Many of Our Friends
See that “Lock the Taskbar” is not enabled. If it is, you may disable it by right-clicking on taskbar and unchecking it.
Still the same behavior?
If such is the case, I’d recommend you to download Microsoft Security Essentials on your computer. This will make sure that any virus, spyware or other malicious software on the computer is wiped out completely. Also if the weird behavior is due to any one of those, running the essentials will fix it.
Download it from