I recently downloaded some programs to install in my Windows 7 OS but whenever I try to run the installer exe file it says “Error launching installer”? What does it mean? How to fix this problem?
Related Windows Problems:
- Unable to Install Java in windows 7 due to some Installer Package Error
- Unable to install Boujou 5.2 software in my Windows 7 due to problem with the Windows installer package
- Unable to install Silverlight due to update error: 64c
- Error: 086ba093cf while installing Software Updates on Windows XP.
- "Error: Setup wizard cannot find software." while installing new software on Windows XP
- Unable to install any software after full format
- Error Code: 0180246036 while installing Software Updates on Windows 7
- "Error: This software requires Win XP SP2 or higher." on Windows XP.
- Why I am unable to install Corel 3D Motion Studio Software in Windows 7? Is there any way to install in Windows 7?
- Setups was unable to create a new system partition error when trying to install Windows 7
i think your system is full of virus. that virus may be corrupting your installers. you try to download the same installer from another websites which you didn't done previously. and try it. if it again shows like that it is no doubt it must be comprimised with virus. try antivirus named "symantec endpoint protection"
check whether you are in administrator mode or in user mode .... if so then go to administrator mode...
to do this start > in search bar type RUN and right click on the icon then select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the
in that set path where you having setup file and enter the program name and hit enter done it's going to install without any problem...
You are facing the issue because windows installer is not working properly at the time of installation.
Follow these steps to solve the issue-
Click on the Start button.
Type services.msc in the search field & hit enter.
Services window will appear.
Now select windows installer from the list & double click on it
Select the General tab & click on the Start option to start the service.
Go to the recovery tab & check the box beside "Enable actions for stops with error" option.
Click on OK.
Try to Un-register/re-register windows installer by executing msiexec /unreg & msiexec /regserver commands one by one from the Run window.
Hope these guidelines will help you troubleshooting your problem.
You are facing this problem either because your user dont have permissions or due to windows file corruption:-
-For the first case right click on the installer file and run as administrator.
-For the second case Either you restore your windows to some previous point .
Repair your system files with the help of the windows installation disk.