I am using Microsoft Word 2003 package. I tried opening a word file of .docx format . Unable to open the file. Is there any solution to update this version or use any plugins to support .docx or higher version formats?
Related Windows Problems:
- Unable to open MS Word Files in my Windows 7 Mobile
- Unable to print page from Microsoft word in Windows XP
- How can I open two same files in windows 7 ultimate?
- Windows update unable to install Office 2003 updates
- Crashing of Microsoft Word in Windows 8
- Unable to open .emi files in Windows 7
- How to open the Password protected Microsoft word document after forgetting the password?
- How to install Microsoft Office in Windows 8 OS? Is it available for Windows 8 at least Microsoft Office 2003?
- Unable to open some files in windows 7 due to ownership issues
- Unable to open word attachments on my emails on my Windows 7 computer
Below are the steps to solve the problem:
1. The problem is lower version package doesn’t support higher version files. To overcome this, need to keep track on the particular product releases and updates to get connected to the latest versions.
2. Get subscribed to Microsoft to receive updates on the product
3. Download the office compatibility pack from Microsoft site to get support for the .docx files
4. Install the fileformatconverters.exe and complete the installation
5. Now try opening the .docx file. You can now open, edit or delete documents of higher versions.
To open the .docx files try to download the MS_OFFICE 2007,
this will definately support the .docx files.
MS-OFFICE 2003 does not support .docx files.
The reason why you are facing the problem is that you are using the older version of the windows microsoft office i.e., office 2003.
The problem would have solved if you would have installed windows microsoft 2007.
What you do is follow the below steps, but do not delete the files that you are unable to open.
1. First un-install the windows microsoft office 2003.
2. After that install the windows microsoft office 2007.
The problem would be solved completely.
The main advantage with the office 2007 is that it can open all the files such as doc, docx.
The file docx can't be opened in office 2003 because it is the file related to windows microsoft office 2007, which cannot be opened in windows microsoft 2003.
Hope i have helped you in getting relevant information.
All the best
.docx file is a new version of MS Word file format extension name it is a MS-Office 2007 software word file format extension and you open this file in the MS-Word 2003 so it can not open because it is effect the lower version you open the high version file in the lower version format..
you need to install the MS-Office 2007 then open it and you also install the converter .docx to .doc this software easy available and download and install it..
All the Best!!!
Just Follow Some Steps Are :
Doc : Is The Word 2003 File Format
Docx : Is The Work 2007 File Format
>> So Docx Not Open In The Word 2003
>> For Opening The Docx In The Work 2003 Than Converted That File In The DOC Format Online
>> Website : http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/...CX-to-DOC.html
>> So Convert The Document Than Open That File In Word 2003.
I Hope That Info Is Usefully