I am not able to use the Nvidia Express Graphic card in Windows 8 RC OS, it just uses the inbuilt Graphics card. Can you tell me why I am facing this issue? It was working properly in the Consumer preview OS. Any solution to fix my problem?
Related Windows Problems:
- What should I do to made Nvidia 9500GT video card work in Windows 7?
- Will NVIDIA Geforce 8600M GT Graphics card works with windows 8
- Windows 8 not able to Recognize Graphics card after a system Restore
- Nvidia display driver stops and recovers in Windows 7 64bit
- Unable to play NFS:Most wanted in windows 7 because Graphics Card is absent
- Added new NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphics but the Gaming performance is still not up to the mark
- Unable to Install drivers for Radeon x1300 Secondary Graphics Card in windows 8
- How to Install Nvidia Graphics Driver for Windows 8 Consumer Preview Version?
- Red vertical lines appearing on Â‘Starting WindowsÂ’ screen
- Procedure to run Tekken 5 Game on Windows 7?
You are facing this problem due to two graphics card.
To solve this problem just follow these simple steps:-
1)right click on my computer and go to manage
2) go to device manager
3) choose your internal graphics card adapter and disable it from the right click.
4)now choose your external graphics card adapter and update its driver.
Restart your pc now your nvidia graphics card will work.
Basically Windows 8 comes with internal inbuilt graphic card which is not require to add another Graphic card.
If you think that you need that external graphic card, then you can uninstall the drivers for internal graphic card and install the external graphic card in CPU including its drivers.
Then put a fresh copy of window once again and then use your PC.
It works fine.
If you are having such problems due to 2 graphics card then best solution is to disable the internal graphis card.
For that use the following procedure.
- go to the desktop
- right click on the mycomputer and go for the manage
- In manage find the device manager and select it
-select your internal graphics card
-uninstall the drivers of your internal graphics card
Now your system automatically starts using your external graphics card.
You didn't mentioned that what kind of error message you are watching.
If you didn't installed the graphics driver then install it.
Check whether you've installed the graphics card driver or not.
If you've already installed both but still facing the problem then follow these steps to solve the problem-
Restart your computer & you'll see that your problem has been solved.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Type Run in the search box & click on the option appeared.
- It'll open the Run window.
- You may also open it by pressing Windows key+R button together.
- Type msconfig in the edit field & hit enter-it'll open the System Configuration window.
- Select the General tab & check the Selective startup option.
- Uncheck the Load Startup Items checkbox.
- Select the Services tab & check the box beside Hide all Microsoft Services option.
- Now click on apply-OK.
- Now uninstall then install the graphics card driver.
Originally Posted by Unregistered
You need to install compatible video driver to make your graphics card work properly
To update or install your video driver follow any method
=> Through windows update :-
Right click on 'My Computer' and go to 'Properties'
In the left side click on 'Device manager'
Double click on display adapters to expand
Right click on your Nvidia card and click on "Update driver software"
In the next window click on 'Search automatically for updated driver software'
=> Download and install manually :-
Go to official site of Nvidia click here
Click on 'Graphics Driver' under 'Automatically find drivers for my Nvidia products'
It will scan your PC ( graphics card version , OS version ) and give you the latest driver
Download and install the driver
Restart your system and your graphics card will work fine
The specialised Graphics Card that you wish to install is having a infringement problem with it`s own driver software supplied by the manufacturer, and the built in graphics driver that gets installed once windows get installed. Now to run the external graphic card along with its driver software you need to do the following :
Right click on "my computer" and go to "manage".
Go to "device manager".
Choose the "internal graphics card adapter" and disable it by the right click.
Now choose your "external graphics card adapter" and update "driver".
Keep the software CD provided for installation and windows cd close to you for further assistance.
That i hope will do the trick.