Hi friends can anyone tell me why windows 8 release preview is unable to install the hard drive partition while installing windows 8 release preview in my newly purchased laptop.
Related Windows Problems:
- Getting an Error Your PC's CPU isn't compatible with Windows 8 while Installing Windows 8 Release Preview? What is the solution of this Error?
- Why windows installer stops when installing .Net in windows 8 release preview?
- Getting message Â“Installation failedÂ” while installing Windows 8 Release Preview
- How can I schedule a program to run on a specified time using windows 8 release preview?
- Unable to Install windows 8 RP using Bootable USB Drive?
- Unable to install Resident Evil game in windows 8 release preview?
- How to merge two partition in Windows? or create a new partition?
- How to Install windows xp in Another Partition in a computer having windows 8 Already installed and Not showing Partition?
- Windows 8 release preview installation steps and system requirements?
- Windows 8 release preview install windows without asking for the hard drive partition
You can face this kind of problem because you may already have enough number of drives/partitions (Windows 8 supports only 4 HDD Drive Partions).
In order to install new partition you have to delete existing partition/ You can extend partition size.
You don't have to worry about that.
You can do this avoiding the boot menu.
Follow these steps to make partitions in Windows 8 release preview-
Right click on the Computer.
You may have to provide administrator password if prompted.
Computer management window will appear-select disc management from the left pane.
Wait for some times while the computer gathers the data about your hard disc.
Since your HDD is brand new & not formatted so you'll see it as Unallocated Disc 1 if it was installed properly.
Right click on the volume & click on New simple volume option.
In the New Simple Volume Wizard click on next.
Now choose the partition sizes along with the total no of partitions & click on Next.
This wizard will help you to make partitions of discs having same size.
Now windows will assign automatically the name of the drives (Like C, D, E, F etc.).
Click on Next.
After making the partitions you have to go for formatting these drives.
But don't quick format.
After formatting, windows explorer will ask for your permission to open the new drive.
Now open it and use it as your wish.
Restart your computer after doing the process.
Hope this info will help you a lot.